Sunday 3 June 2007

CELEBRATION

THIS POST IS FOR ANY WOMAN WHO MAY BE STRUGGLING TODAY..( I would love to see one written by a man for men..so come on you guys )

(A little food for the spirit and a gentle pat on the back, just because you are woman...a little celebration)


Thanks to George Harrison for giving us this great song..


Something
By George Harrison
Best Video Codes



QUOTES FROM WOMEN DOWN THE YEARS


"Women have a way of treating people more softly. We treat souls with kid gloves"....Shirley Caesar.

" I say if its going to be done, let's do it. Let's not put it in the hands of fate. Let's not put it in the hands of someone who doesn't know me. I know me best. Then take a breath and go ahead..........Anita Baker

Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew. They're what make the instrument stretch- what make you go beyond the norm... Cicely Tyson

The cock croweth but the hen delivereth the goods...anonymous

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat"......Rebecca West. (1892 - 1983)

Supposing you have tried and failed again and again. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call ' failure ' is not the falling down, but the staying down.....Mary Pickford

If I had to live my life over again, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time......Nadine Star

It occured to me when I was thirteen and wearing white gloves and Mary Janes and going to dancing school, that no one should have to dance backward all their lives........Jill Ruckelshaus.

Once you live with the issue of women and the landscape for a while, you find that you cannot separate them form the notions of peace, spirituality and community. As women we must learn to become leaders in society, not just for our own sake, but for the sake of all people. We must support and protect our kinship with the environment for the generations to come....China Galland

" Ive got the woman's ability to stick to a job and get on with it when everyone else walks off and leaves it"......Margaret Thatcher.

The genius of women I believe to be electrical in movement, intuitive in function , spiritual in tendency......Margaret Fuller....(1810- 1850)

"Women are repeatedly accused of taking things personally. I cannot see any other honest way of taking them"....MARYA MANNES b 1904

They talk about a woman's sphere as though it had a limit;

There's not a place in earth or heaven,

There's not a task to mankind given,

There's not a blessing or a woe,

There's not a whispered 'yes' or 'no',

There's not a life ,or death, or birth,

That has a feather's weight of worth

Without a woman in it.

Above all , remember the most important thing you can take anywhere is not the Gucci handbag or the French cut jeans; its an open mind.......................Gail Ruben Bereny

No comments: